Sally Verrilli post on how CAE Solutions helped UnitedHealth Group with a system that is dying or dead: https://lnkd.in/eecCsuu
An extract from her post:
Who’s been here?
You work in a big company.
You lead a department that has a system that is dying or dead.
You don’t need the space shuttle.
You need something to keep you in orbit for a year or two.
Your system need isn’t big enough to merit capital.
This was my situation last year. I had to have a system that worked within 1 year or I was screwed. My internal team was in transition and I didn’t know if they would be stable enough or able enough to get this done after I announced the death of the legacy system. (Back then, we were new to each other. Now I know they CAN.)
My budget wasn’t big but I knew I had to do something.
I needed to up my odds of success.
The vendor that helped build my new, interim system is CAE Solutions. It wasn’t easy; but it got done and done on time and on budget. The new system has been up and running with great success for 11 months now, and we are headed into our second busy season with it.
I have no vested interest in CAE, and this is not a sales pitch. I took a chance and it worked out. System builds rarely have happy endings for many reasons. This one did. Call Anil Gupta at CAE solutions if you need help. It worked for me.
When we starts for new coding/development/architecture design task, it comes handy if one have patterns on your finger tips, following is a possible way to starts with 🙂
Creational Patterns: Abram became first president of states
- Abram: Abstract
- became: builder
- first: factory
- president: prototype
- states: Singletion
Structural Patterns: ABCD Faces a Flying Proxy .
- A: Adaptor
- B: Bridge
- C: Composite
- D: Decorator
- Faces: Facade
- Flying: Flyweight
- Proxy : Proxy
Behavioral Patterns: MMIICC ON TVS
- M: Mediator
- M: Memento
- I: Iterator
- I: interpreter
- C: Chain of responsibly
- C: Command
- O: Observer
- N: Null Object
- T: Template
- V: Visitor
- S: States, Strategy
- Install Doxygen from URL
- 32 bit: http://ftp.stack.nl/pub/users/dimitri/doxygen-1.8.8.windows.bin.zip
- 64 bit: http://ftp.stack.nl/pub/users/dimitri/doxygen-1.8.8.windows.x64.bin.zip
- Install MikTex from URL http://miktex.org/download
- Select working directory to save/select setting file
- Fill Project Name
- Select source code directory from where documentation has to be generated
- Specify designation directory, where LaTeX will be stored.
- Click on next, select all entities.
- Click on next, select LaTeX and as intermediate format for PDF. Select required output HTML, LaTeX and RTF etc. For PDF LaTeX is mandatory.
- Clicking on next will open screen for diagram generator. Use built in class generator.
- Clicking on next last screen will be displayed.
- Click on Run doxygen button.
- Some message can be displayed, try to ignore.
- Progress will be displayed, please wait till “*** Doxygen has finished” is displayed.
- Open the target directory, specified in 3.d.
- modify the refman.tex file as per desired format like Logo on First Page, New Line, New Page etc
- Double click on refman.tex file from target directory.
- This will open MikTex editor, select XeLaTex command and click on “Green Run” button.
- Progress is displayed in console output.
- Some messages about “default to ^^91” can be ignored by hitting Enter key.
If left blank, this will default to ^^91
1^^92 P\+P\+D\+: 1 = Consu…
This will generate a pdf names refman.pdf in the destination directory. Like following is the completion message.
Output written on refman.pdf (318 pages).
SyncTeX written on refman.synctex.gz.
Transcript written on refman.log.
- It’s a two time compile process. 2nd time Toc is generated. Step 16 needs to be followed two times.